The European Mile is an event celebrating the joy of moving again at your own pace – by running, walking or rolling a mile.
The European Mile is a free event celebrating the joy of moving again at your own pace – by running, walking or rolling a mile.
Anyone can join in or organise an event celebrating the joy of moving and promoting equal access to being physically active. It’s simple. Just use your imagination and the public areas around you as the venue for your local running and walking events.
The European Mile is an initiative supported by the Erasmus+ Sport programme of the European Commission and is coordinated by ISCA as part of the NowWeMOVE campaign.
Why should you be part of the EUROPEAN MILE?
- FUN! Strong focus on the social aspects and the enjoyment of the activity.
- EASY! By specifically delivering events with short distance (1.6 kilometers; “the mile”) the event focus on easy access and inclusiveness.
- SHARED! The European Mile is a common brand that enables a feeling of togetherness, not only in the local event itself but across Europe.
- LOCAL! By organising a smaller event in the local community, the less active citizens are more likely to take an interest, feel safe and join in.
- MEANINGFUL! We will enable organisers and runners to “run for a greater purpose” and donate their miles/kilometers for good causes.
European Mile & NowWeMOVE
European Mile is an integral part of the NowWeMOVE campaign
The European Mile is a free event celebrating the joy of moving again at your own pace – by running, walking or rolling a mile. NowWeMOVE's overall objectives are to raise awareness of the benefits of sport and physical activity among European citizens; promote opportunities to be active in sport and physical activity; and enable sustainable and innovative capacity building for providers of physical activity initiatives through open-source solutions and advocacy.
European Mile & ISCA
European Mile is an integral part of the NowWeMOVE campaign. ISCA launched the NowWeMOVE campaign in 2012, with the aim of bringing the sport for all sector and a variety of other sectors together to tackle the physical inactivity epidemic across Europe. ISCA is a global platform open to organisations working within the field of sport for all, recreational sports and physical activity.